Saturday, June 4, 2011

Let's Start Over

I was shown an excellent App for my Ipad. My Net Diary. This is a calorie counting plan.
It really is amazing and I am loving it. I have done so many diets over the years and so far I am really enjoying this.
Of course I am making it a "Project". I am not working, on a fast loss of weight.
I am allowed 1855 calories a day, which is quite high, but I am aiming for lower than that and
of course some days, I will be over, when quite a bit of wine is imbibed. 
Hopefully, it balance out.

This diary does a report for you each day, of all of the nutrients that you are consuming.
It also analyses your plan and tells you where you are going wrong for a balanced diet.
I have started off with reasonably high calorie intake and as my body adjusts,
I will start to lower the amount that I eat.
It allows me treats, like glass of wine, maybe a muffin or something normally that's a big NO NO
on a lot of diets.
You can enter all the ingredients for a meal or a recipe and then label it and it is there,
all ready for when you next want to use it.
It is also there for anybody else to use.
You have contributed to the World's diary
One failing is when you have put all of the ingredients for a recipe...
You are not able to go back and see what was in it.
SO this is what this blog is going to do. I will record the recipes.
Work out the Caloric details and then post it on this blog.
Some of these recipes will be good enough to post on So So Simple.

I like a savoury breakfast and it usually consists of Toast and Tomato.
Sometimes with peanut butter and then for a change, with butter and Vegemite.
I have cut out the Vegemite, as I noticed my sodium content for the day, gets out of control.
Occasionally, I have an egg or two.
Unfortunately, Asian food which is Low in Calories is also high in Sodium... BUT lets be balanced and not have it all the time.


So on that note my first recipe is going to be
Hot and Sour Fish Soup
Great for Gluten Free and definitely low on Carbs
I didn’t add any extra salt, just relied on the Fish Sauce to supply those needs
Lunch for two at 390 Calories per serving
Very satisfying

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped   5 gms
2 shallots or 1 small onion, chopped  27 gms
1 teaspoon chili flakes
Mushrooms 70 gm
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
2 medium tomatoes, chopped  183 gms
3 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoon raw sugar
700 mls chicken or fish  stock
2 tablespoon lime juice
225 g firm fish fillet, cut into small slices
1 tablespoon Coriander stalks

Coriander Sprigs to Garnish


Method :
Heat oil in a wok or pan and lightly brown garlic and shallots or onion.
Add chili flakes, tomato ketchup, chopped tomato, fish sauce and sugar.
Blend well, then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add stock with lime juice and bring to the boil.
Just before serving, add seafood to stock, bring back to boil,
Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes
Taste soup and adjust seasoning.
Serve hot, garnished with coriander sprigs.
Lunch for two or a starter for 4

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Now of course, because I'm such a copycat I'll have to download the app to my iPadd too. Thanks for sharing. The soup looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete